Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day1-Idiocracies and Chaos

Well ! the first day in this project has passed, but not without its colors .I've been frustrated,elated,satisfied and depressed over the short period of development .
To start off, I intend to develop my website using the basic enterprise java technologies .Open-sourced tech and extensibility has been the main factor in this project.
The project is a simple BookStore Application which employs a shopping cart(similar to amazon).
I'll be working at its core and will be responsible for about 70-80% of the project .
The start which I had imagined did'nt go off as I tried, somewhat heroically, hard coding an enterprise app. knowing fully, its consequences .After about half an hour, my ant builds started to fail and suddenly, the whole project looked as a daunting task to me (honestly, it still is) . I had to remodify my strategy and then ported the application over to Netbeans.
This whole project looks downright boring to me, but the fact that I am using TDD as a developmental strategy helps me a lot .It's really amazing to write unit and acceptance tests and stimulate database functionality .
Hopefully we'll have a functioning prototype in a couple of days as soon as Amit gets the database stuff done .
Stay tuned to have early access about our project here .

No comments:

Post a Comment